The Advisory Committee for Retirees (ACR) was first created on April 20, 1999, to oversee the insurance-related interests of retired management personnel from Québec’s public and parapublic sectors.
The ACR was set up to give its retirees a right of oversight in both the administration of their group insurance plan and the identification of their preferred orientations. In addition, the Committee acts as an intermediary within established structures that seek solutions for grievances between participants and the insurer. Although its role is an advisory one, the ACR is active in all matters concerning retirees’ insurance (premium renewal, brochure updates, etc.).
The ACR reports to and advises the Intersectoral Parity Committee (IPC). The IPC in turn reports to the Secrétariat du Conseil du trésor (SCT), which acts on behalf of the Québec Government as the group insurance policyholder for active and retired management personnel from the public and parapublic sectors.
The Québec Government – Policyholder
Secrétariat du Conseil du trésor (SCT)
The Intersectoral Parity Committee (IPC)
* One (1) SCT representative.
* Associations of working management personnel.
* Spokesperson for the retirees’ representatives.
The Advisory Committee for Retirees (ACR)
* Eight (8) retirees’ representatives, recommended by their respective associations, whose two (2)-year renewable terms of office are approved by the SCT.
* Two (2) co-chairs, including one Government representative and one representative of the Regroupement des associations de cadres en matière d'assurance et de retraite (RACAR).
* One (1) actuary and one (1) secretary, both appointed by the SCT.
* One (1) representative of the Coalition de l'encadrement en matière de retraite et d'assurance (CERA).
ACR representatives : Here is the list of your (8) current representatives who act as spokespeople for everyone covered by the various group insurance plans.
Daniel Dubé (porte-parole) - Association des directions d'établissement scolaire retraitées de Montréal (ADERM)
Réjean Gauvin - Association québécoise du personnel retraité de direction des écoles (AQPRDE)
Civil Service sector
Laurent Lamoureux - Association québécoise des retraité(e)s des secteurs public et parapublic (AQRP)
Paul-René Roy - Association québécoise des retraité(e)s des secteurs public et parapublic (AQRP)
Health and social services sector
Christine Cloulier - Association des gestionnaires des établissements de santé et des services sociaux (AGESSS)
Micheline Chamard - Association des gestionnaires des établissements de santé et des services sociaux (AGESSS)
Daniel Poirier - Association du personnel d’encadrement retraité du Québec (APERQ)
Robert Fortier - Association des cadres supérieurs de la santé et des services sociaux (ACSSSS)